Roles & permissions
In this section, you can
- Add New application roles and assign them to users.
- View, Edit, Delete or Mark as Default the various application permission sets
- Define Enterprise-wide application rules like the user enrollment process and user token expiry settings.
Application roles enable access control to the Kora platform. You can create the roles and grant permission to specific users of the platform. The process of creating application roles involves setting roles, defining feature access, and assigning users to the role.
Step 1 – Set Roles:
- From the Kora Enterprise Administration page go to Role & Permissions -> Application Roles
- Click ‘Add New’
- Create a permission set by entering a Name & Description in the ‘General’ tab
Step 2 – Define Feature Access:
- Select the features that need to be accessible for this role set.
- Below are the options available:
- Channels where the Kora app can be accessed from – Mobile, System Tray, Web, and/or Browser Plugin.
- Meetings – users can schedule or view meetings using Kora.
- Tasks – users can assign tasks to other colleagues using Kora.
- Knowledge – users can add and share knowledge articles using Kora.
- Announcements – users can share announcements to his/her colleagues using Kora.
- Emails – users can access and send emails from Kora. Note that this feature will require additional access permissions to be given by the user to the cloud vendor.
- Drives – users can access the content of their drive from Kora. Note that this feature will require additional access permissions to be given by the user to the cloud vendor.
- Skills – users can enable enterprise skills and add personal skills from Kora.
Step 3 – Assign Users:
- From the Assignments tab, you can view the users assigned to this permission set and if needed Delete selected users.
- Click ‘Add New’ to add users to this permission set.
- Select users from the list for whom this particular application set applies and click ‘Assign’
- If you are modifying the existing permissions set, select users from this page for whom the changes are applied.
- Once assignments are made, click Save
By default, an Admin Role is built-in by the platform. You cannot edit these roles.
This section lists all users assigned Admin role, with a Find admin roles to search through the list. Selected users can be Deleted.
Primary Master Admin (assigned by the Kora team at the time of installation) can Transfer Role to any other user.
Use the Assign Users button to assign the admin role to other users in your enterprise. You can choose from the list of users displayed.
Apart from the built-in admin role, you can define a custom admin role with a set of permissions and assign it to users.
From this section, you can
Steps to create custom roles:
- From the Kora Enterprise Administration page go to Role & Permissions -> Custom Roles
- Click Add New
- Create a permission set by entering a User Role Name & Description in the Common tab
- From the Permissions tab, Assign or Revoke the permissions you want users with this set of permissions to have. Following are the permission available:
- Bulk Upload – permission to add, edit and delete knowledge collections
- Configuration – permission to configure ‘How can I help you?’ utterances from here.
- Admin Role – permissions to create/delete application roles, assign/revoke admin role – built-in and custom.
- Security Compliance – permissions to manage various security compliance settings.
- Enrollment – permissions to invite users
- Skill Management – permissions to manage enterprise skills
- User Management – permissions to manage enrolled users
- Apply this permission set to Users or Groups as per the requirement.